Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Perception

How many times have you come to realize that your actions were perceived completely opposite of your intentions? I've recently made decisions that have caused me some emotional distress. Apologies cannot reclaim the trust one holds in another. In storybooks, a good deed can erase a bad one, but in the real world, nothing of the kind exists. "I'm Sorry" doesn't cut it, and the road to redemption is wrought with personal peril. All in the name of vanity, so I could sit with the big boys; because of this my name is soiled and a wonderful person's heart has been broken. Free advice: don't lie, even if you think it isn't a big deal, even if you cannot imagine that this little lie could hurt someone. Regardless, lies cut deep and the wound heals slower than you may think.

-SF

No comments: