Monday, August 27, 2007

Internet Radio and the Evil Empire

My 2 Cents:

How can it possibly be legal for the recording industry to collect royalties from unsigned, unpublished bands? I see that they are lobbying to charge me for playing bands who WANT me to play their music. How do I know that those artists are going to get their royalties? There is nothing in the proposed legislation that guarantees the artist a check. I am beginning to believe that the only way the "little guy" in this country will be equally represented is if we throw out EVERYONE and start new, with publicly funded elections and outlaw lobbying. I cannot fathom how my little operation is dismatling the recording industry. I only have a handful of bands who have agreed to be played on Scottymouth, and I don't know what I would do if I had to pay. I mean, some of the work is mine, does that mean I have to pay myself?

Politicians and big corporate slugs have taken the fun out of everything, and forget art, if it doesn't turn a profit, it isn't art - to some of those bloodsuckers anyway.

But screw it - no one is reading this blog, so no one will probably listen to Scottymouth. I am trying to do something for an overlooked genre of music and no one gives a rat's ass. Why bother?

Because I love it that's why!

SM

No comments: