Friday, July 28, 2006

Some Miami Cubans Want Censorship

Miami, FL -

I am astounded by what I heard in the halls of this corporate dungeon I call the workplace. Three Cubans debating politics and they haven't a clue. I know, who am I to judge? I haven't a four year degree in Pol-Sci, I am a Vidiot! But these people really get my blood pressure at dangerous levels. So there is a book entitled, Vamos a Cuba, written for 3rd graders about the Caribbean Island of Cuba. That's right, the same island controlled by the evil Fidel Castro, the very man whose tyranny caused the influx of millions of Cubans to the Miami shores. Now, I love the Cuban-American culture, as long as it is Cuban-American and not simply Cuban.

But I digress. So these three individuals are debating about this book which does not go into the political status of Cuba, but a simplistic version of life in Cuba. Remember, this book is written at a third grade reading level. So the Miami-Dade School Board rips it off the shelves. Hello? Castro? Anyone ever heard of Censorship? The communists love to control what the good people shove in their gray-matter. Well, I think I've made my point. They are so terrified that the kids might think good things about Cuba for the 5 or 6 years he or she has before the child learns the truth. We don't have to tell a 3rd grader about political prisoners, do we?

In closing, it is my opinion that they are creating the very thing they have escaped and unless they get a grasp of this nation's constitution, they'll bring the rest of us down with them.

-SF

No comments: